Catherine's Wheel

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Look out, Stash



I think Wendy Knits! might be onto something here.

Dare I say it? I'm seriously considering joining up. I certainly need to do something to harness this relentless beast of mine (no, DH, not you lol).

The first step - once Christmas is over - will be to take a proper inventory of said stash and divest myself of all the stuff I'm not realistically going to knit in my near future.

Next I need to reassess all of the WIPS - knitting or otherwise - and work out what won't be finished (by me, anyway). Then these WIPs need to be set in some sort of priority. Then finished. Obviously. Otherwise what's the point?

Then the remaining stash needs to be put into some sort of order. I'm going to allow myself the spinning exemption, as well as two Get Out of Jail Free cards: Australian Sheep & Wool Show at Bendigo in July, and the Guild weekend away at Harrietville in March.

Phew. This might take me most of 2007. Anyone else got plans?

3 Comments:

  • Most of 2007? Nahhhhh you'll definately be into 2008 before it's all gone. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 pm  

  • Well, I think the theory is a fine one, although I'll be keeping my eye on you in the guild's shop - just to help you, mind!

    I'm trying to work mostly from my stash - just have a little problem remembering which project I bought which fibre for.

    So I'm with you in the grand plan, maybe with a few freebies of my own.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 pm  

  • Hmmm I don't know if my "stash" is big enough to keep me going for a whole year... Although at the rate I've been knitting this year, maybe it is...
    Anyway- I already have lots of stash knitting planned for next year (good idea to go through it all, make a list and prioritise things though!)

    By Blogger Di, at 12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home