Catherine's Wheel

Monday, December 04, 2006

That Time of Year

Here's an extract from an email I just sent to A, who has been "hosting" my Ashford Traveller wheel (with woollee winder) this year:

"No rush on the wheel, if you need to keep it until January, that's fine. It's not as if I have time to spin on my Joy at present, let alone the Traveller *boo-hoo* Although I'm hoping for more time after Christmas - yeah, I should ask Santa for an extra hour in my day. Imagine how much more you could get done with an extra 365 hours per year. That's ..... 15 days and 5 hours, or just over two weeks."

It's true, I don't think I've had the Joy out spinning for a good three months now. The knitting is certainly bowling along; I've finished my teachers' gifts (well, two out of three ain't bad), but my spinning time budget seems to be eaten up by time doing stuff for the Guild. Not complaining, just observing the irony.

So Santa, dear, if you're listening, a little wrinkle in the space-time continuum wouldn't hurt anybody really, would it?

3 Comments:

  • I hear you on that! Although i'd prefer a remote that i could use to pause time while i get a few things done or some time out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 pm  

  • I love Nic's pause function idea, but only if there's no quota - keeping track of that would kill me, and use more time than I gained, I'm guessing. So I think I'll happily settle for an extra hour in every day. :-)
    Jill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 pm  

  • Me too! extra time, please.. somehow, anyhow...

    By Blogger Di, at 12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home