Catherine's Wheel

Saturday, January 13, 2007

They've Officially Gone Too Far

OK. Let me make myself clear on this, and please don't take this the wrong way.

I fully support all efforts to put an end to breast cancer. I know two women who are currently (and thank God successfully) fighting their own fight against this disease, which seems to be striking younger women all the time.

But this is just a step too far. Please, someone else tell me this is bad taste?

Next we'll have women using their old, tired, grey, grungy bras to make one of these travesties. Sometimes it's not all about "reduce, reuse, recycle". Sometimes a tired old bra which has seen too much active service, just needs to go in the bin.

End of rant.

2 Comments:

  • Good Lord!
    see point 8: "Do not limit the use to purses only. Use them as party favors or make several and fill with sachet or potpourri to hang decoratively in your closet. OR as a perfect holder/ wrap for a gift card or small gift!"

    I swear if I ever get a gift from someone in an recycled bra...... actually I'll probably think of you.

    That gives me the shivers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 am  

  • Eeew... I'd love to be able to say it's just the tizzy over-embelishment that scares me..

    By Blogger Di, at 12:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home