Catherine's Wheel

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bitch Karma Fairy

I've had a visit from the bitch-karma fairy.

I have spent the last two days cleaning my house: carpets, tiles, changing sheets on all beds yesterday, cleaning showers, basins, loos, bath, stove and kitchen sink today.

I reached under the kitchen sink for a steel wool pad to shine up said sink, to find the box standing in water.

Seems we've had a slow leak under there for a while now, I think since the agent sent his numpty handyman to replace the kitchen mixer tap, around 6 months ago.

Now the shelf needs replacing, as well as probably the bottom of the cupboard.

Sigh.

I forced myself to stick to the cleaning, bribing Self with fun trips out (movies, clothes shopping) and special time with my spinning wheel. I figured that since my blog implies use of wheels, I should provide some evidence that I actually know how to use one.

Now I can see my week disappearing waiting for the same numpty to come and fix what he stuffed up in the first place.

Great.

At least I'm off to Scienceworks with my son and his new Prep friend tomorrow. It's their last Wednesday off. Dash's school has a policy of giving Preps Wednesdays off, to ease them into the next thirteen years of unremitting slog. I asked Dash what he wanted to do, thinking a trip to the park or perhaps a movie, but Scienceworks won hands down.

Hmmm, just been to look up the link and seen there's an exhibition on monsters and animatronics. Right up Dash's street, and his mate doesn't seem to scare easily, either.

Could be worse. In five or ten years it'll probably be amusement arcades, although my presence is bound to be strongly discouraged by then.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for leaving a comment on my site! I honestly didn't consider getting puked on when I held her above my head but yesterday when I posted the photo I thought "Whoa...what was I thinking?". It would have served me right.

    I love your fair isle and in rooting through your archives for other pics of it I noticed your rambling rows afghan. I made one about 4 1/2 years ago and yours is the only other one I've ever seen. Hurray! I had fun with that thing.

    By Blogger froggiemeanie, at 6:00 am  

  • I'd be interested to see what kind of people google 'Bitch Karma Fairy' and are directed to your blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home