Catherine's Wheel

Monday, March 19, 2007

Where do they learn this??

OK, not much knitting content today. I'm getting very excited about my annual weekend away with the Guild. Friday morning to Sunday night, whoopee!!

Where was I? Oh, that's right.

WARNING: finish that mouthful of coffee/water/juice/muffin before reading further.

I realised this morning that I hadn't seen Dash's (Prep) teacher to say hi for a week or so, so thought I'd go to Dash's classroom this morning as the bell went. She came up to me and said that the class had been discussing road safety last week. Oh, no, I thought, here we go; Dash has a fixation on cars and most other things automotive: from monster trucks to Top Gear to Grand Prix racing and all points in between. A lady from the RACV came to talk to the kids and during the discussion, Dash came out with:

"Oh yeah, that happened the other day with a bloody idiot when I was in the car with my Mum."

Shocked collective gasp from all of the other kids, then dead silence. Eventually the discussion carried on, but Dash kept on mentioning the "bloody idiot". I am helpless with laughter at this point, thinking this will be a good story to tell at his 21st birthday. I am also profoundly grateful that DH and I decided, when the kids were little, that we wouldn't verbally let fly in front of them. It could have been several shades more colourful.

Considering the incident Dash was referring to, it could have been much more serious. A white van came the wrong way up a one way street, and if I'd been two or three seconds further down the road, we'd have had a full-on frontal collision. As it was, he squeaked past us and sped on his way. I had Dash, my Mum and her sister in the car at the time, otherwise I might have really let rip.

Luckily Dash's teacher also found Dash's revelation very funny; she also taught Goose last year and we couldn't have asked for a nicer Prep teacher :)

1 Comments:

  • Oh dear! I think we need to be more careful with the language in our house. Mia called Esme a cheeky little bugger the other day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home